Why most programmers are single: Most programmers are single, according to popular belief. They spend all their time typing in a dark room with a black hoodie on their head, according to the tale. Due to their age, gender, and workload, the majority of programmers are single. 72% of programmers are under 35 and 91% of programmers are men. Younger men are more likely to be single, with 39% being without a spouse. Additionally, a programmer’s workload can make it difficult to find a companion.
When you look at the industry, the idea that programmers are lonely loners doesn’t hold up. Many programmers are single, but that doesn’t mean they’re single just because of their profession. There are other considerations. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at why programmers are single.
Recommended: The easiest programming languages to learn and master
10 Reasons Why Most Programmers Stay Single
1. Introverted or socially awkward: The ISTJ personality type is the most common among programmers. This indicates that they are more introverted, appreciate the present and facts, are logical thinkers, and prefer things to be in order. They are, on average, less emotional than others and find it difficult to communicate their feelings.
If you have the wrong personality type, traits like this can be hard to live with. But, of course, programmers won’t be able to find a partner if they don’t communicate with the right people. It takes a long time to get to know each other and make each other feel like they were at first.
2. Workload: A programmer’s workload varies greatly depending on the type of company they work for. Small businesses and the gaming industry are notorious for pushing their developers to their limits. While most developers claim to work just over 40 hours a week, the truth could be much more. Workdays can go on late into the night when deadlines are approaching or you have demanding clients, especially if you are doing vital work.
The overworked developer stereotype has some truth to it. Working hard and working overtime hurts your love life. When you’re in the office until 8 p.m. most nights, it’s hard to get out and meet people. A heavy task can also make you worry and make you less inclined to socialize. Stress is a major depressant that can make you sleepy. Overworked and anxious programmers are less likely to seek out a relationship, which makes it logical.
See also: Best programmers in the world 2022
3. Fear of being hurt: Every relationship carries the risk of hurting at some point. However, this is not true in all relationships. Some relationships also ended happily. However, if you want your relationship to work, you have to give it a chance. And there often isn’t, but you have to keep trying. However, programmers are always wary of the nonsense that happens in today’s interactions.
Consequently, the maxim “no pain, no gain” cannot be applied and they refuse to put in much effort because they are already certain that their relationship will fail.
4. Doesn’t like to be disturbed: The life of a programmer is difficult and requires far too much concentration. However, the majority of programmers cannot be interrupted at any time. The constant ping irritates them immensely. They prefer to sit alone and work. New ideas are born when you sit alone and talk to yourself.
They don’t like to converse with others for long periods of time, which impacts the relationship. They always prefer to be alone and away from everyone, which lowers their chances of getting engaged.
See also: Countries with the best education system in the world
5. Debugging is easier than approaching someone: Passionate programmers are addicted to coding and programming on their computers. Their computer follows their instructions to the letter. When approaching women, however, there are two responses.
They would accept or reject the proposal. Being an introverted coder already makes it difficult to approach people. And sometimes the other person’s response isn’t always positive. So even if they like someone, they choose not to try (in my own experience).
6. Higher expectation: Programmers are smart and usually have higher expectations, which makes it harder to find a fit. Female programmers are more likely to experience this. Some programmers may not want their partner to be a programmer because they understand how frustrating programming can be.
On the other hand, some people would rather have a programmer as a spouse who makes their life easier. Therefore, matching their attention takes a long time in this circle of anticipation.
Recommended: Advantages and Disadvantages of a Limited Liability Company
7. Learning things is more important: They prefer to save time by learning new technologies. This is their line of work. If you don’t always learn and develop your expertise, you can easily find yourself out of a job. It takes time and effort to learn.
So would you expect them to be more excited about going to the nightclub to find their life partner or hanging out by their favorite computer looking for the area they want to master? to help them progress in their field?
8. Self-involved: They only remember work-related responsibilities and ignore others. This interferes with their connection. These people regularly fail to get their hair cut and can go days without showering. Programmers don’t bother to take a bath or follow basic personal grooming rules before having an affair. They may smell like poop or have that “homeless” smell when you approach them. At first it was unpleasant.
There are also several types of programmers. They enjoy staying in shape and coming to the gym as much as possible. So between the gym, self-care, and coding, finding the time to get to know a girl is always a challenge.
Recommended: How to Ask a Girl to Be Your Girlfriend
9. Different interest: Because programmers are obsessed with code, they almost always talk about it, and their romantic partners may not be interested in discussing it. Programmers spend hours and hours in front of their computer and are not interested in anything else.
It’s hard for them to separate and lead.”ordinary‘ things. Coding gives them a lot of dopamine and serotonin, so sex isn’t that important to them. They prefer to be in front of their computers. That’s where they get their real thrills.
10. Poor Hygiene: Although some programmers are notoriously dirty, not all programmers are. Some people I know have no desire to get in shape or improve their health. Individuals are prone to acquiring dental disorders and a variety of health problems due to sitting too long and not taking care of their health. Most of their time is spent sitting. They don’t get enough exercise and have serious health problems. This will put off the females.
Some of them do not wash their clothes regularly. It’s not attractive. To bear being near him, the girlfriend is eventually forced to wash his clothes for him. They don’t bother to dress appropriately for a date. On a date, they wear dirty jeans, smelly shirts, dirty underwear, and dirty socks, which is the maximum level of dirtiness. It’s also humiliating to be seen with them in public.
Recommended: How to Speak in Public Without Fear or Anxiety
This article does not apply to all programmers. For some of them, that’s okay. Many programmers are married or dating their soul mates. Even as lonely souls like the moon, some of them are having a good time. They maintain a healthy work-life balance. The reasons why some programmers are usually single are discussed in this article. To be clear, the amount for a single programmer is way too high.
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a law student and certified mediator/conciliator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with knowledge in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel is determined to change the legal profession by creating web and mobile applications that will make legal research much easier.