Finances. Revenues. Specialized services
Senior Manager: Technical Analyst
Tcoe salary from R870,029 per year. Reference no.: end 36/22 Civic Centre, Cape Town
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Finance, Mathematics, Operations Research or related degree
- A higher qualification will be advantageous
- A minimum of five (5) years of data analysis experience in a financial environment
- At least two (2) years of professional experience with “R” or Python programs as well as SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications with advanced Excel
- A valid driver’s license code B, EB or C is required.
Key performance areas:
- Apply a substantial body of professional, financial and IT knowledge to analyze and interpret financial data that impacts collection ratios and the City’s debt collection processes
- Establish data requirements and data collection to drive value and make recommendations on data collection, integration and retention, taking into account business requirements
- Develop experimental design approaches, validations or test hypotheses to find the best model to explain the datasets
- Discover helpful patterns and natural clusters to inform solutions
- Develop and monitor dashboard reports on billing anomaly status and debtor payment trends as well as debt collection activities
- Engage in high-level problem solving using information obtained from a variety of sources such as research, data mining and gathering, and consultation with others
- Responsible for calculating the City’s collection ratios
- Monitor and report deviations from the City’s internal accounts and make recommendations to have them rectified
- Responsible for writing off credits on final accounts
- Coordinate and facilitate working groups to share knowledge and develop plans and strategies on identified issues
- Control and monitor income suspense and clearing accounts.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or through the SAP portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise specified.
By submitting your application for a position with the City of Cape Town, you consent that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purpose of the recruitment and selection process..
Deadline: June 24, 2022
- Please quote the vacancy reference number in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications should be available upon request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Please note that nominations will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late application will be considered.
- If no nomination notification is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted on Jun 13 2:35 PM, Closing date Jun 24